Welcome to my web page. Here you will find information about my research activities in computer vision and multimedia.
- Sep 2018. The paper “Learning Effective RGB-D Representations for Scene Recognition” has been accepted for publication at IEEE Transactions on Image Processing.
- Sep 2018. The paper “Memory replay GANs: learning to generate new categories without forgetting” has been accepted at NIPS 2018.
- July 2018. I started a blog to introduce some of our works.
- July 2018. The paper “Transferring GANs: generating images from limited data” has been accepted at ECCV 2018.
- April 2018. The paper “Rotate your networks: better weight consolidation and less catastrophic forgetting” was accepted at ICPR 2018.
- Feb 2018. The paper “Mix and match networks: encoder-decoder alignment for zero-pair image translation” was accepted at CVPR 2018.
- July 2017. The paper “Domain-adaptive deep network compression” was accepted at ICCV 2017.
- July 2017. LIUM-CVC submission for WMT17 Multimodal Machine Translation task ranked first in both En→De and En→Fr. Details about the system can be found here.
- April 2017. The paper “Combining Models from Multiple Sources for RGB-D Scene Recognition” was accepted for publication at IJCAI 2017.
- Mar 2017. The paper “Multi-scale multi-feature context modeling for scene recognition in the semantic manifold” was accepted for publication at IEEE Transactions on Image Processing.
- Jan 2017. I joined the Learning and Perception (LAMP) group of the Computer Vision Center, at the campus of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB).
- Dec 2016. The paper “Being a Super Cook: Joint Food Attributes and Multi-Modal Content Modeling for Recipe Retrieval and Exploration” was accepted for publication at IEEE Transactions on Multimedia.
- Nov 2016. The paper “Depth CNNs for RGB-D scene recognition: learning from scratch better than transferring from RGB-CNNs” was accepted at AAAI 2017.
- Aug 2016. The paper “Modeling Restaurant Context for Food Recognition” was accepted for publication at IEEE Transactions on Multimedia.
- The paper “Image captioning with both object and scene information” was accepted at the ACM MM 2016 Grand Challenge. We obtained the best result at the Yahoo–Flickr Challenge on User Tag and Caption Prediction!
- The overview “A survey on context-aware mobile visual recognition” was accepted for publication at the Multimedia Systems journal.
- The paper “Scene Recognition With CNNs: Objects, Scales and Dataset Bias” was accepted at CVPR 2016.
- The paper “Category co-occurrence modeling for large scale scene recognition” was accepted for publication at the Pattern Recognition journal.
- The paper “A probabilistic model for food image recognition in restaurants” was accepted for oral presentation at ICME 2015.
- The paper “Joint multi-feature spatial context for scene recognition in the semantic manifold” was accepted at CVPR 2015.
Currently I am postdoctoral researcher with the Learning and Machine Perception (LAMP) group of the Computer Vision Centre, located in the campus of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB).
Before I worked four years at the Visual Information Processing and Learning (VIPL) of the Institute of Computing Technology (ICT) of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) in Beijing (China), and before as a researcher for Mitsubishi Electric R&D Centre Europe in Guildford, United Kingdom. Previously I was a teaching assistant and member of the Video Processing and Understanding Lab of the Escuela Politécnica Superior of the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM), where I received my Ph.D in 2010.